Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Hide 'n' Seek

I have played hide and seek with my dogs many times, but never with Coleman. Tonight, they taught him how. It was fun to see him toddling into the home theater on the heels of the dogs. The dogs knew to check behind the chairs and under the blankets...Coleman just looked around slowly, apprehensively asking, "Ma ma? Ma ma?" The dogs quickly abandoned the theater, not noticing me hidden behind the door. Coleman left too, so I whispered his name. He turned around and peeked back in, still not seeing me. The dogs ran in and brushed past him. They quickly sniffed around and left when they decided I wasn't there. Coleman remained, still searching in the dark. I whispered his name a few more times until he found me. Suddenly he understood and was laughing hysterically. For the next few go-rounds, Coleman knew exactly what to do, though the dogs beat him to my hiding places. Final score: Coleman - 1, Baby - 2, Piper - 2.

2 comments:

Heather said...

That is so stinkin' cute! I wish my girls were there to play too. I'm sure Jane and Coleman would have a blast together now that they are older and WILD!
-Miss you-

Katie said...

oh Coleman is such a cute baby. He is a very pretty boy.
I check Heathers blog all the time and I don't know why I haven't seen your until now, glad I found it.

Background

About Me

My photo
If I'm assigned snacks for my son's baseball game, you can bet I'm not going to bring Oreos and Capri Suns. Not because I don't like those things, but because it's not a challenge. You could call me overzealous. I am slowly working toward relaxing a bit, but until I do, you may as well benefit from the things I learn. I solve problems so you don't have to.